12 Nov Managing and Administering Controlled Drugs
Date(s) - 12/11/2020
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Medication Training Company
1A John Street
This course will teach you how to manage and administer controlled drugs in line with legal requirements and national best practices.
Aimed at: Managers and Care Support Workers in Care Homes, Rehabilitation Centers and Substance Misuse Centers.
1. Be aware of the legislation and best practice documents that govern the management of controlled drugs
2. Explain how to establish which schedule a controlled drug belongs in
3. Demonstrate an understanding of which controlled drugs require safe custody and recording in a controlled drugs register
4. Explain the role of the witness when administering, receiving and returning/disposing of controlled drugs
5. Explain the process for receiving, administering, and return of/disposal of controlled drugs 6. Demonstrate how to carry out a balance check of controlled drugs
7. Demonstrate how to record: receipt, administration, refusal, return, disposal, balance checks and correction of mistakes in a CD register
8. Understand what rules apply and what records need to be kept if a person self-medicates
9. Demonstrate how to investigate discrepancies with controlled drugs and how to amend mistakes in the controlled drugs register
S2.3 Are people’s records accurate, complete, legible, up-to-date, securely stored and available to relevant staff so that they support people to stay safe?
S4. How does the provider ensure the proper and safe use of medicines?
E2. How does the service make sure that staff have the skills, knowledge and experience to deliver effective care and support?
Bookings are closed for this event.